Saturday, May 24, 2008

Advice from your own children

For ever I have said, "I AM the Mother and I will tell you what you can and will do". Well, my youngest girls have given their Mom(me) very good advice. After I fell and broke my leg and crushed my ankle the advice started. When they say "be real" you have to be truthful no matter the subject or question. "The whole truth, nothing but the truth, so help you GOD". (I should have thought of this when they were dating and in their teen years!!) As I think on this I am so aware how important communication is in any relationship. Without honesty, how can your mate, children, family and friends know how to help , comfort, and just be on the same page with what you are experiencing. I have the tendency to try to be the martyr, the one that can take anything and bounce with the flow. But in doing this, you miss out on what Christ wants in a relationship with Him and others. What a loss!! So, if anyone reads this blog, " BE REAL"

3 comments:

thebarronfam said...

You are real! And we love you. I love this post too. See...you don't need pictures for a great post. Oh and by the way... glad you didn't ask us to be real when dating. Just kidding!

William sends you and kiss!

Anna said...

great post Kat!! Thank you so much for all of your prayers for Ben! He will take the bar the last weekend in July, so he will be spending the whole summer studying. Hope you are feeling ok. Kristin keeps me updated!

Anonymous said...

This is a great post, Mom! I love you and am so proud of you!